Even though I haaaaate the cold, I gotta hand it to autumn and winter for bringing the fashion! Boots, statement coats and cuddly knits come out to play in the next fews weeks (April/May is the best time to buy for the seasons ahead) so I’ll hunt accordingly!
First ups: Boots!
When a new season rolls around I’m invariably asked ‘what’s trending?’. Well, a quick look at Pinterest, A/W runways and ‘New In’ sections will show that the chunky/heavy soled boots are having a moment. If that’s your vibe, go for it! But personally I prefer a more timeless style when it comes to my boots.And, thankfully, there’s plenty of those to choose from too!
Tips for hunting boots:
- What’s the finish? Patent, croc, suede, all add texture and a lovely depth and warmth to your look (like No.1 below, suede adds some warmth to a crisp white dress)
- What’s your cost per wear? Personally, I wear sneakers more than boots so not looking to make a huge investment (I already have No.7 and 14 and they’re both under $100). But if you’re looking for a pair to wear more than 70% of the time it might be worth investing in a tougher like leather or patent (No/6 or No 15)
- Heels can be comfy! Opt for block heels around between 5-7cm (approx.) While everyones foot will be different (this is an awesome resource to figure out your optimal heel!) I’ve noticed the 5-7cm range suits most.
Hunted for you:
- Nude knee high boot
- Faux Croc ankle boot
- Tan ankle boot
- Chocolate stiletto ankle boot
- Black stiletto ankle boot
- Black heel leather ankle boot
- Faux suede chocolate sock boot– (just bought these! 20% off)
- Faux suede flat knee high boot
- Beige flat gumboots
- Beige leather gusset boot
- Nude patent ankle boot
- Black flat gumboot (just $25!)
- White ankle boot
- Black thigh high boot
- Black patent ankle boot
Boots outfit Inspo:
So we’ve found some boots…shall we style them?
I popped together this Pinterest board below (linked here) for some inspo. I’ll add to the board as boot season goes on so make sure you check back when you need a little help!