If you missed last week’s Decoding Wedding Dress Codes, click here for formal options! This week, we’re jumping into more casual options, so buckle in!
Casual and Garden
If the couple are having their event outdoors, on the beach, at a winery etc – you can probably expect for the occasion to be more laid-back, especially when it comes to attire. Now casual doesn’t mean what you show up to at the local pub (unless that’s the dress code they’ve chosen!), but you can experiment more with prints, and opt for silhouettes that are more comfortable. You could shop options such as:
- A summer sun-dress
- A fun two piece set
- Block heels or wedges (instead of stilettos) to navigate grass/outdoor terrain!
- Flat shoes are fine e.g. sandals or slide flats (especially if you’ll be doing some walking to get to the ceremony destination)
Another tip! Just because it’s a casual wedding, tell your man it is best to avoid wearing jeans. Instead, opt for chinos or relaxed dress pants (unless the bridal party has specified otherwise!)
Hunted for you:
- QUINCY MIDI DRESS
- DOBBY TWIST FRONT
- BRITTNEY MAXI DRESS
- SWEETEST THING DRESS
- MARIAH SET
- DAHLIA JUMPSUIT
Tropical or Destination
Destination weddings can be SO much fun! But if it’s a tropical destination wedding it can also be coupled with heat and humidity.
- Shop breathable fabrics e.g. linen/cotton
- Don’t be afraid of fun prints, or colours
- Avoid wearing black
And don’t forget the SPF! The last thing you want to remember the day by is a sunburn!
Hunted for you:
- SIROCCO MAXI DRESS
- CAMPBELL MIDI DRESS
- GATHERED LINEN MAXI
- XANDER SET
- COREY ONE SHOULDER DRESS
- RHONDA MAXI DRESS
We hope this guide has helped you for any upcoming events you may have! Before we wrap, here are a few extra tips for wedding guest wear.
- Avoid wearing white, or any shades like cream or ivory. Unless there’s a specific theme, or you have a laidback bride, the only shade of white we should be seeing is from the dress!
- Take note of the season. If you’re planning a wedding, you can add a seasonal descriptor, to help your guests with what to wear.
- Take note of ceremony location. A shawl/covered shoulders maybe required for places of worship.
Until next week, happy hunting!