You know what’s sexy? Layers.
Ok, ok ‘FRIENDS’ quote aside layers are pretty great. They add much needed warmth but also interest to winter looks- colour, texture, prints! So many combo options(…speaking of which, check out my ebook for a guide to mixing colours).
Today’s round up is all about the basic knit, those layers you can easily pair under blazers/coats (printed and block coloured), leggings and jeans.
- Don’t be shy to size up! Options like 1, 3, 10, 12 14 all have a straight cut that would look effortlessly stylish worn loose and baggy over leggings or jeans. Option 3 has been my go-to for years and I have nearly every colour!
- Check the fabric, especially for fitted options. Breathable fabrics are your best friend when it’s right against your skin. Look for blends to keep things affordable (natural fibres like wool/cotton/cashmere mixed with poly/acrylic/viscose/nylon)
- Keep an eye on length, even for the oversized look! Unless tunic style length is what you’re going for, hemlines that hit 1/2-3/4 down your zipper will help balance the volume and not drown you in fabric.
HUNTED FOR YOU
- Zara Black Striped
- Blue fitted top (comes in 4 colours)
- Uniqlo Knit (I have 3 colours! Size S)
- Uniqlo Merino Knit (I have a few, perfect for work. Size S)
- Classic turtle neck (comes in a few colours)
- Textured Knit (3 colours)
- Trendy halve zip (comes in 3 colours)
- Chic khaki for work
- Abstract knit
- Abstract knit with flare sleeve
- Trending green stripe
- Block colour knit
- Fitted knit with gold detail
- Zara cream and navy (I have this in size S)
- Zara cropped Knit
Remember to check out my Boots Round up to finish off your look!